Saturday 17 October 2015

Road to success EP104!

Naomi's Road To Success:

Name: Naomi Shear

Occupation: GEMP 1 Medical Student

Goals: "I want to contribute (in no matter how small a way) to creating positive growth in the world. More personally, I want to feel content with what I have and to feel like I have stretched to reach my personal potential in every facet of life."

What is success? "Success is looking back on the day and feeling that you've moved somewhat towards a goal/goals you have set for yourself. And then looking back on the week, the month, the year and ultimately a lifetime and feeling that same sense of movement, achievement and satisfaction."

What success have you achieved? "Simultaneously a lot and very little."

What success do you want to achieve? "I'd like to quote one of my favourite Nelson Mandela quotes for this: "There is no passion to be found in playing small - in settling for a life that is less than the one you are capable of living". I don't take this to mean that in order for a life to be successful and meaningful, one needs to be like Nelson Mandela the president. Rather I take it to mean that in order to be successful, we should live our lives and achieve our goals (no matter how small) like the Nelson Mandela who was kind, who was humble and who was passionate."

All the best on your road to success Naomi and may you achieve all that you want :) ...

Peace. Happiness. Success.
X

No comments:

Post a Comment