Tuesday 21 April 2015

Movie Review - The Secret: Law of Attraction

I know I'm way behind and that 'The Secret' is 'out of fashion' or not as cool as it was but trust me you'll want to read this. The first time I heard about the secret I was 18 years old - that's 6 years ago. I found it to be very intriguing and I really learnt from it. Over the years I forgot about it until just a few months ago on Youtube when I stumbled upon the movie. So after watching it, with excitement I decided to write a review about it for you guys to read. It's all of a sudden but I guarantee if you can just give it a read, you too will enjoy it. 

In the review I will basically summarize the movie for you and note down the key points and then I will also include the movie so you too can enjoy and learn a few things. Disclaimer: This is my opinion of the movie, some of the phrases are from the movie but mostly my words. Please do not feel entitled to feel the same way. I may have enjoyed it but doesn't mean you will too (although I really hope you do)! 

Before I get started I just also want to let you all know that I challenged myself to incorporate these things in my life and I kid you not things started changing. Obviously it wasn't an instant change as I watched the movie in October last year and I started noticing change about a month or 2 later. I started living a more positive life (having positive thoughts and a positive mind is essential), I began to be more grateful and thankful for all the things I have, I would declare things over my life and I started saying daily affirmations (There will be a post on affirmations soon). Just by doing those little changes in my life I started to feel more positive, more and more positive things were happening to me and to my life. I am Christian but I still believe that You are responsible for your own success and happiness. I firmly believe in 'What you think, You become' and I also stand by 'Positive mind, Positive life'. I don't know about you but for me even when times are hard or I'm having a bad day, just having a positive outlook or thinking about all the things I've been blessed with and showing gratitude towards those things and my family & friends, it really cheers me up and reminds me to stay confident. It reminds me that whatever I may be going through, that it too shall pass and whatever I may be facing, that I am strong enough to get through it. For every up there's a down and when I reach a low I know that high is coming. 

If I can emphasize on one thing in life it's to ALWAYS BE GRATEFUL! You never know when it'll be gone and you never know if you'll ever get it back. This past week we bid farewell to a school mate. One thing everyone adored about him was the fact that he was always jolly and was practically friends with everyone. He was loved by many because of the amazing and kind person he was. None of us thought he'd be gone so soon but it happened... May his soul rest in peace. So what I'm saying is be grateful and always appreciate those who care about you. 

What is 'The Secret' about? Well it basically teaches us how to speak things into existence. It can be anything, even if it sounds unrealistic to you. What you must remember though is that it takes time and you shouldn't give up if you don't see immediate change, stay positive and continue speaking life into your goals and dreams. Why is it relevant to the blog? Well because I truly believe that everything begins with the mind. If you can have a strong mind and foundation then you can do anything. If you can feed your mind positive things and believe you achieved your goals and dreams before you physically have then you will eventually achieve it. Like I said 'What we think, We become' so I know if we can think we are successful and act like we are successful then surely we will become successful. 

Below is the review and my summary of what the key points were in the movie...

The Secret: Law of Attraction

  1. Think about what you want - good thoughts.
  2. Have good emotions. Think about what makes you feel good.
  3. Make sure you: Ask (What do you really want?) Believe (Unwavering FAITH, believe you've already received it.) and Receive
  4. Powerful Process:  - Gratitude (Be thankful)                                                                         - Visualize (Dwell upon the end result and feel yourself having it).
  5. If you are having money issues, Say money comes easily and frequently and believe it.
  6. Whether you're single or in a relationship always Treat yourself like how you want others to treat you, take care of yourself, make yourself whole, see your own beauty, love yourself and you'll then be able to love others. Focus on what you appreciate in your partner. You create your own happiness! Your joy lies within you.
  7. If you are suffering from poor health: The mind plays an important role in healing! Do not focus on the diseases, don't be negative and don't stress. Focus on the healing, good thoughts. 

Remember 

  • "Man becomes what he thinks about."
  • "What you resist, persists." - C. G. Jung
  • "Energy flows where attention goes." Focus on the positive and not the negative!
  • There's more than enough money, love, joy, power and good to go around! There's enough for everyone!
  • Get hungry and intentional for what you want.
  • Focus on what you want, always!
  • Inner happiness is the fuel for success.





**Note:I do not own the movie or any copyrights to it. I apologize for the quality it is a pretty old movie. Please enjoy and I hope it changes your life too!

Peace. Happiness. Success.
X

No comments:

Post a Comment