Wednesday 1 October 2014

Road to success EP37!

Foyin's Road To Success:

Name: Foyin Ogunrombi (known as Foyin Og)

Occupation: Full time student (currently in matric); Part time blogger.

Goal in life: "My goal in life is to be happy. I want to empower others and create a brand or an empire that will revolutionize the South African fashion/media industry."

What is success? "Success is often defined as material possessions to many people, but I don't necessarily think that's true. To truly be successful, you should be able to wake up in the morning, look yourself in the mirror and be happy with what you see. If you are happy with who you are as a person, and you do what you love and it fulfills you, you are surrounded by people who love, support and inspire you to constantly grow and better yourself, you can live in a tiny house and ride a bicycle and be successful. Success is relative - it is not the same for every person; There isn't a 'success check list' given to us at birth containing things we have to achieve."

What have you already achieved? "In a personal capacity, success is mostly academic to me.I was elected by my peers onto both the Student Representative Council and the Student Executive Councils - both of which are prestigious positions; I achieve good marks in school and I was recently accepted to my ideal university. In a professional capacity, I was elected onto the Seventeen Magazine Style Counsel, through which I made some amazing friendships and potential media connections and networking opportunities. This led to a quiz I made being published in Seventeen Magazine, a feature in StyleGF mobi-mag and most recently, representing the iconic Baked The Blog at the Woolworths Style By Night event. Obviously, also reaching 20 000 page views on my blog was a big success for me, as well! It shows the progress I have made in my blog."

What do you want to achieve? "In a personal capacity, I would love to pass matric with as many distinctions as possible and go on to get my university degree in business science. In a professional capacity, I would love to carry on how I am going - networking with influential fashion/business people in South Africa and abroad; growing my brand into something that is inspiring and something I can look on to be proud of and other things that come along with growing my band, such as appearances, endorsements, brand relationships, etc. I am incredibly excited for what the future holds! I am on the pursuit of happiness and I'll take victory in the little things. God has given me many talents and I will use them to declare greatness and ongoing success into my life. :)"

All the best on your journey Foyin... Wishing you a lot of success.

Visit her blog DearSolo at dearsolo.blogspot.com, follow her on twiiter @foyinog and like DearSolo on Facebook.

Peace. Happiness. Success.
X

Shine Your Light Print by BumbleNBirch on Etsy, $15.00


No comments:

Post a Comment